The Dolores State Bank is proud to be the largest independent bank in Montezuma County, Colorado. All decisions are made locally by people who look beyond the numbers to best serve the community. Our officers and employees realize you, our customers, are ultimately responsible for the growth and success of the bank.
We’re here to serve you!
A Rich History of Service
The Dolores State Bank opened for business on January 5, 1959. Dolores had lost its only bank in mid-1958. Through the efforts of four local businessmen, Dr. E.G. Merritt, Bill Nielson, Merton Taylor and Jack Kinkade, The Dolores State Bank opened just six months later. The Bank opened the Cortez Branch in 2001 to better serve the commercial hub of Montezuma County. The latest expansion occurred in 2015 when The Dolores State Bank was proud to bring local bank ownership back to the Mancos Valley with the purchase of the Mancos Valley Bank. The Dolores State Bank’s commitment to community and customer started over 50 years ago and continues today.
As a locally owned independent bank, our mission is to develop and cultivate long-term customer and employee relationships by providing:
- Superior products and services
- Excellent customer service in a friendly, professional manner
- Absolute privacy of customer information
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- Time and resources to the communities we serve
Board of Directors
- Douglas J. Aiken, President
- J. Lawrence Engel, Executive VP & Cashier
- Kevin D. Lovett, Director
- H. Dewayne Findley, Chairman of the Board
- Edward G. Merritt, Jr., Director